Today was the first day or our RST class on Orcas Island.
At the meta level, I thought that day 1 of RST was the closest-to-PSL/AYE but testing focused event that I have been a part of. There were multiple experiential activities in a challenging yet supportive environment. Probably more on the challenging aspect than AYE but appropriate for an audience of testers.
Specific topcs covered today were
- The goals of RST (apparently, there is a video coming on this) and what it isn’t
- The relationship between tacit and explicit knowledge, skills and heuristics
- Things to do before explicitly solving the immeidate testing problem
- Questioning what you are being asked to do
- Professionalism and why missing a bug isn’t the end of the world
I definitely got information and experiences that I can take back with me. I’m anxious to see what the next two days bring.